Thursday, August 25, 2011

Oh the Places You'll Go.

Well, we do have one frozen embryo still in Chicago that we still have not used.  We were given the choice to either have it destroyed, donate to science, or to ship it to Cincy by a third party company with us.  Being that I have no genetics involved, it really is Pat's choice.  It was the weakest of the embryos that survived to a blastocyst stage so it can't go in alone.  It must be transferred with 1 or 2 other embryos.  I asked Pat what he would feel most comfortable doing...he said morally we can't leave it behind.  It deserves a chance just like the others.  ....and I agreed!  For all we know that could be the one!  We have made the arrangements to have it transported to Cincinnati to the lab of our new doctor.  Our last embryo from our first egg donor will be making the trek to Cincy with us.  Little does he/she know we travel alot!  haha ....He/She better get used to it.  :)  With all these arrangements being made, I can't help but to start to get excited for our upcoming cycle with our new egg donor (who we know!!) and new doctor!  We pretty much are having an entirely different experience with this IVF stuff.  New doctor, new nurses, new lab, new EVERYTHING!  In a way, it is going to be a breath of fresh air.  Everything about this has changed.  Even I have changed anatomically!  Being on a cyclic HRT protocal in the interim, my body has already changed to be more of a "normal" cycling female.  I have always cycled since I was an adolescent, but not like I am with this priming time.  I kind of like it... :)  I feel "normal".  Makes me feel like my uterus is priming perfectly.  The progress my uterus has made since August of 2010 to August of 2011 is night and day!  Small, but exciting news!  One step closer to our next attempt.  Fall can't come soon enough!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your journey Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, great news! I am really happy to hear that things are moving forward for you and Pat. Please know that I'm sending lots of positive energy your way. Remember your yoga and keep breathing as things ramp up!

    ReplyDelete