Monday, December 17, 2012

New Year, New Blog!

As you all know, our IVF journey is now over. This will be my last post on this blog. I want to thank everybody who supported Pat and I through one of the most emotionally intense experiences of our lives. Luckily, we have our two little ladies now. Life has never been sweeter. Each day is better than the day before. 2013 is another big year for our family. Pat will be starting medical school. With this new chapter, I have started a new blog. It will be life from the perspective of a wife of a doctor-in-training, mother of twins, balancing life/housework/family and how it all works to create what we call "our normal". Please feel free to follow our family as we continue to raise our beautiful daughters and tackle our new life as a family of four. I feel that this blog has helped so many (including myself!)! Just this past week, one of my blog followers traveled to Cincy to see Dr. Scheiber and is now expecting TWINS! He has gotten all of my blog followers pregnant (with TWINS)! It's been amazing, and I am glad my supporters have sought advice from my experience and applied it to their own situations. That is what this blog was all about. I hope you all found hope, inspiration, and love through my posts as that is why I love to write. Congrats to all of you who are now expecting, and good luck to those still on their journey!! I hope you still continue to follow us, as I will to you.

"Infertility does not define me, as it is one component of who I am."

Please follow me on my new blog.  Medical School Mrs.

Much love,
Katie


12 comments:

  1. Just found your blog! My daughter is a cancer survivor and I hope to see her become a mother someday if she wants to. I will always believe she can have everything in life. God bless you and your family. You are a true fighter and inspiration. All things are possible to those who believe! Your mother must be so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your twins, that is great. We just had our second IVF miracle (the first one is two years old). I can't imagine have twins....more power to ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Katie for sharing with all of us your inspiring story! Hope 2013 is treating you and your lovely family well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. a beautiful and inspiring blog, it's really great to see IVF was a success for you, and may this story inspire others to take that first step on the journey.

    best of luck to you and your new family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://bundleofjoy.mydagsite.com/

    When I met my wife , we were both 21, and I was a single dad of two children and had moved back in with my parents. My wife saved the life of me and my two kids, as she become super mom from day one. She took one look at pitiful me and came in a saved the day. With her loving and caring ways she nursed my family back to health without ever asking anything from me. The catch was my wife was working in a town for only about a year and eventually had to move back to her home city of Huntsville, Al. The day she was leaving I was sick, but got down on one knee and asked her to marry me and come back. Me and my children were left alone again without knowing if she would return for certain because this was her career. Within 5 months my wife left, all she knew, her family, her job to be a t home mom, and get take care of her family. We were married within a year and we started our life together hoping for more children. Within two years my wife found out she could not conceive naturally and since then we have been frantically trying to save money for IVF, IUI, or private adoption. All more than 10K on average. My wife has lost her father since and raised my two children to be amazing. My son who is now in AP courses and stellar athlete, and my daughter who is on Ballet scholarship at the age of 10. She has been amazing to children not her own and struggle through surgery after surgery from her medial issues, and now only wishes to have a child of her own. We pray Abraham's prayer for a child so much we think we may be getting rug burn on our knees, but after 10 years we have not given up hope and our hope now is to raise funds for our own bundle of joy. Ultimately, we will use these funds to finance the IVF treatments or if all else fails adopt a child of our own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrates dude.. My support always for u...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us all. I hope you guys continue to have some good luck. You really helped me see IVF through a different light. Good luck with the twins!! http://www.rwivf.com/our-specialties/treatments/in-vitro-fertilization-ivf/

    ReplyDelete
  8. After 3 years of trying to conceive my husband and I tried IUI in 2011. We were successful on the 3rd attempt. We now have an amazing 2 year old son whom we adore. Earlier this year we decided we wanted to try again to grow our family. To date, we have had 3 unsuccessful attempts at IUI and the Dr have recommended IVF for us. We are scheduled to go for it in July and are praying for great news later this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi - I'm making a programme for RTE Radio 1 about IVF and was wondering if you'd be interested in speaking to me about your experience?

    Colette Kinsella (087) 976 4987

    ReplyDelete