Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Prolactin Levels

FCI is real good about giving you the results of any blood work done that day.  I got a phone call around 2:30pm and was informed my prolactin levels are elevated.  Of course I think of the worst and think oh no!  I am never going to get preganant because of my stupid prolactin levels!  I called FCI back frantically to talk to Shannon, my nurse, and she said no worries!  Worst case scenario - you will just be put on a medication to lower it so it is in the normal range.  My levels were barely elevated, but just to be on the safe side, I started on the mdeication and take it twice a week to keep my prolactin levels down.  Three weeks later, a blood test revealed my prolactin levels were normal!!  Phew!  ...I guess I can get pregnant now...ha

No comments:

Post a Comment