Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Preliminary Testing

Patrick and I completed our preliminary testing at FCI.  We were both asked to have blood work run.  Pat had to do a sperm analysis and I had to have a saline sonogram.  At first this was a lot to take in.  I never even heard of a saline sonogram!  I thought it would hurt!  So I went in on July 12 with my mom, Kristen, and my godbaby Macy to FCI in Naperville to have my blood taken and saline sonogram done by Dr. Uhler.  First, the blood test!  The nurse approached me with 10 viles!  I could not believe that!  Why on earth would I need to give that much blood?!  I never had to give that much even with cancer!  Anyways, so I continued thinking ok I have given blood hundreds of times before...this is nothing!  The next thing I knew I was telling the nurse ok I think I am sick, and blacked out.  I had a juice box, full of sweat, and slowly color came back into my face as I was laying in the nurse's arms.  Luckily, they got the majority of the blood they needed from me.  Next, I was on to the saline sonogram.  It was not bad at all.  If anything I experienced some mild cramping but nothing painful.  It was very cool to see my empty uterus being measured.  The doctor said it was relatively small due to the lack of hormones I have had since I was 12.  She started me on aggressive doses of estrogen and progesterone.  I couldn't peel my eyes off the ultrasound monitor just staring at my empty uterus on the screen.  I could already envision our little baby there one day.  Overall, not a bad day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment