Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Here we go again...

Happy Spring!  (...or Rainy weather season...)

This weekend is FASHION FOR FERTILITY!!!  It is finally here!!  I can not wait to go to the Four Seasons-Chicago! It is such a beautiful hotel!  I can't wait to see how it all unfolds.  The food will be amazing, but what will even be more amazing is the company...I can't wait to see everybody again!  I feel there are so many people I have not seen since Birdies for Babies last September!  I am excited to see everybody in a couple of days!  I am also excited to be transported to the event via car service!  How sweet is that not having to have to fight Chicago traffic to get there!!   That takes away some added stress for sure! 
And for those who follow my blog so closely, PLEASE come up to me and say hello!  I would love to meet you in person and hear about your story and where you are at in your journey!  You all have said such positive and encouraging words to me and it means alot to us!  If you are still looking to buy tickets they are still on sale!!  Get your tickets before they are all sold out!  Here is the link!  I look forward to meeting you all in person!

My speech is just about done!  Pat doesn't think it is hard, but it is!!  He said just tell your story as it is...it's a good story without even having to think about it.  I guess he is right, but I still need bullet points so I don't ramble...because I tend to do that when I get nervous..  ;-)  I promise I am practicing...haha  It is a good story especially because I know so MANY women who have stories of their own that make them feel so alone and "not typical" in this crazy, unpredictable world.  If you ask any couple their story of why they are sitting in an infertility office, they are always sad stories.  I am just glad that people feel comfortable enough with me to share those stories because I know how important it is to get it all out there.  It's nice having at least one outlet.  I feel surrounded by support and strength and I thank all of you for that.  It's what keeps me going....

Our 2 months off was just what we needed.  Pat and I were able to recharge our batteries while giving my uterus a break from the meds.  (forced break by CCRM...doctors orders!)  We were able to have fun again and just laugh and go on dates....not having to worry about what I was eating or not eating or drinking...it was refreshing and we felt like ourselves again.  I didn't realize how much it all took over my life.  We just felt so routine in that lifestyle.  Pat and I are now even closer than ever, and stronger.  I feel my body is going to react differently just based off that alone.  I know that may sound weird, but my levels of stress have plummeted.  I am a ready to get going again!  I have all my supports in line and geared to go!

As for the juicy stuff...we are again, getting closer to another round!!  Meds are all taken care of, 2nd and 3rd opinions are in, new plan is set, staff at FCI is ready to see me weekly again, Dr. Uhler is excited to get started with this new plan, and now on to the execution of Mission: Baby Davis....Of course I am excited, but I am also nervous.  I can still remember that sting from the last cycle.  It HURT!  My heart ached for so long... But of course it will make good news that much sweeter!  Stay tuned for more updates as it all unfolds...I am excited to see how the meds will react this time around....also with the addition of acupuncture and feritlity yoga with Pulling Down the Moon!  I have a great feeling in the pit of my stomach...The best way to describe it as having butterflies in your stomach when going down a hill...its a great feeling to have going into a cycle.

Until next time....


"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time."
--Thomas A. Edison

1 comment: