Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Claim: Processed

Well, we had our appointments last week in Ohio and of course I went into the appointment knowing we were covered by insurance.  Great feeling.  However, even knowing we were going to be ok - I still wondered - could I be wrong?  What if it doesn't cover?  What if there is another loophole?  There is just no way.  These are just a few thoughts I had this week.  Pat just tells me I am crazy and I triple checked this over the summer and I just needed to relax and let it take it's course.  Well, I thought this was all just too good to be true.  SO of course this past week I kept checking my UHC online account to check for my claims.  And today. I saw the magical words, 10/11/11 Claim: Processed, Patient Owes $0.  How could I already be so excited about this...it was just the consult appointment, but still we used to pay for EVERY SINGLE THING - and we just kind of went with the punches knowing it would pay off.  Was it wrong that I just wanted to stand up in my office, scream, and do a happy dance?  ...Wow...I am turning into my mother!  haha...not a bad thing!  :)  Now, we are have our cake and eating it too.  :) It's amazing how something like the words Claim: Processed, Patient Owes $0 makes you feel like a million bucks!  Nobody could wipe the smile off my face.  Makes me even more excited for what is to come! 

At this point we are gearing up for my surgery.  I am kind of nervous, but more excited.  Nobody likes to be put under anesthesia, but I know this will help Dr. Scheiber give us the best possible chance for our cycle.  Things are moving so fast, or is it that I am becoming more patient?  Maybe a nice mix of both!  Good things come to those who wait.

In the meantime, Pat got his MCAT score back and found out he scored in the 91-93 percentile!  Couldn't be more proud of Pat!  He amazes me everyday!  I think our luck is turning around!  ;-)   Now time to start picking out medical schools together!

1 comment: